Dried fish is used in international cuisine, from asia to cajun. To create dried fish, a variety of fish can be exposed to the wind until the fish run out of its freshwater. Depending on the species, it may have been submerged in salted water before being dried. Drying fish is a popular way to preserve this food in asian fish towns. Dried fish is chopped into small pieces and eaten, roasted for use in cooking, or mixed with rice.
Dried shrimp are commonly used in asian dishes. It gives a delicious taste called umami. It can be used in kneaded dishes, soup, or dim sum. Cajun leg usually uses dried shrimp instead of, or in addition to, fresh shrimp to add a different flavor to the old cajun dish.
A delicious fish that is commonly produced in asia is called the bombay duck. The name is not mentioned, since the meat is not dried duck, but dried fish. The lizard fish are caught in the south china sea and the arabian sea. It is then salted, dried, and ventilated due to the strong odor of the fish. Since the bombay duck has little taste, it is usually fried in butter or oil and used as a first course.
Bonito is a medium-sized fish that is usually dried, cut, and added to soup. Dried cod is called salt cod when dried after being soaked in brine. If the dried fish is not salted, it is called stock fish. The norwegian call it dried cod klippfisk, leading the american people to call it clipfish. Other types of whitefish can be used when cod is not available.
To make dried fish, the fish is first washed and separated in half. The gill and internal organs are removed, leaving two fevers. The filters can be stretched between two screens and left to dry for a few days. Some fish, especially large fish, are hung outside to dry in the sun for several days. If the fish is not soaked in salt solution before it is dry, salt can be added after the fish has dried.
Starting with dried fish
- Clean the fish by removing the scales, gums, and entrails
- For small and medium-sized fish, make a butterfly cut from the top to the tail and spread it out. Removing fish is an option
- For larger fish, you cut them into butterfly or fillet-size and removed bone
- Cover the fish with marinade. Your marinade can be 1 ½ to 2 tsp. Salt per pound of fish, your choice of spices, and ¼ a cup of water. Salt prevents bacteria from growing during drying
- Store the fish for 4 to 8 hours in the refrigerator to allow the veggies to go inside.
- Remove the marinade well before drying. Place them on drying trays without interference
- Dry the fish in a dehydrator at 160 ° f for about 10 hours until firm, dry, and cracked. If you still see moisture on the fish, keep drying
- Be careful not to over the dry fish. If the fish drops after bending over, it is too dry
- Dried fish can be stored in sealed plastic bags, glass jars, or airtight plastic containers. Store in a dark, dry place at room temperature not exceeding two months
- The fish is usually cooked before eating. Fry them in a little oil.
How to dry shrimp
- Clean the shrimp and devein
- Boil the shrimp in salted water until they turn pink or orange
- They are dried in paper
- Dry them in a dehydrator at 145 ° f for 4 to 6 hours until dry.
- Use dried shrimp in many recipes like fried rice, noodles, legumes and other cheeses, soups or chowders, salads, and dips.
- Or you can rehydrate them when the recipe requires regular shrimp. Add ½ cup each water to 1 cup dried shrimp and refrigerate for an hour. Wash well and store in the refrigerator until it is time to use the restored shrimp.
click here – Nail Sizes For Framing: a complete guide
How to dry squid
- Dried squid is sun-dried squid fresh. Rarely can you get advanced information on drying squid using a dehydrator. But if you do, it will be a way of trying and failing.
- Clean the squid by removing the eyes and limbs. Legs, softshell center, and mouth remain.
- Cut the squid long at the side of the abdomen, making a plastic-like or medium-sized back.
- Wash the squid in seawater to remove impurities. Then wash in clean water to remove salt.
- Sun-dry squid for seven hours, inside out
- Collect and dry in the air under the shade for an hour
- Sund them again for an hour
- Collect squid during the day when the temperature drops
- Smoke squid the next day, this time outside
- Decorate the body with tents and grease and wrap a bottle over it.
- Dried squid is slightly dry, dry, and sweaty.
- You can fry the dried squid in a little oil for a minute or two. It is usually folded over hot oil, so it is recommended to touch it on the face using your turner when washing. Serve immediately. Roasted fried squid can chew.
- Or you can roast dried squid over hot coals. Roasted dried squash is often used with aromatic vinegar.
- You can also cut or shred the dried squid and stir it to eat.
Although you can dry the fish using an oven, drying the fish in a dishwasher is better. Not only can it take about six hours of drying but it can also be done indoors.