Fashion designing is a professional art form that is concerned with ideation, visualisation and designing of personalized apparels along with lifestyle accessories basis the research & analysis of customer preferences, economic conditions, market dynamics as well as fashion trends etc. Fashion designer is responsible for generating revenue along with the entire production process, from inception to prototypes to its final output along with marketing, retailing, sales & finance.
- To be eligible to give entrance test for Fashion Design Courses, the aspirants must clear their 10 +2 in any discipline from a board that is recognised.
- The eligible candidates must clear entrance test along with group discussion and personal interview round and only then will he be allowed admission to fashion design course
Types of Fashion Designing courses:
There are numerous fashion designing courses available such as BSc, Diploma, Postgraduate, Undergraduate etc. and are dependent on the university the colleges are affiliated to. The college at its discretion decides on the name of the courses.
List of few of the available courses:
- B. Design in Fashion
- Bachelors of Fashion Design
- B.Sc in Fashion Design
- BA in Fashion Designing
- Masters in Fashion Management
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Style
- Fashion Technology
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Management
- Fashion Marketing
- Knitwear Design
Click here – 5 Facts You Should Know About LLB Course
Fashion Design Courses: A good college must offer its students the following:
- Campuses at multiple locations: The right college must have campuses at multiple locations across the country offering wide-ranging courses, thereby helping augment student’s competencies as well as his employability & hence success.
- Accreditation & Recognition: The certification offered by college must be recognised at domestic as well as global level and must have been endorsed by prestigious industry bodies.
- Scholarships: The scholarships offered by the college must go beyond one or two meritorious students.
- Stage to students: To hone the student’s skills as well as to boost their confidence, college must offer them a platform to showcase their vision & talent. The college must organise fashion shows, participate in competitions and facilitate students freelancing with companies (prospective employers).
- State of the art studio: Well-equipped state-of-the-art studio with latest equipment, software, tools, techniques etc. will facilitate in enhancing the student’s skills besides getting them job ready on completion of course.
- Interaction with Industry stalwarts offer students an industry perspective
- Awards & Rewards: Multiple awards for nurturing talent must have been won by the college:
- Non-governmental trade association and advocacy group, FICCI, (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry), is based in India. The chosen college must have been recognised by them for “Excellence in creative arts” in 2021
- The identified college must have been recognised as the “Best Design Institute in India” by the World Leadership Congress (WLC) in association with ET Now in 2021.
- In 2021, the college must have been recognised for Innovation in Creative Education by Adobe Education Leaders Summit.
- The identified college must have been recognised as Educational Partnership of World Design Organization (WDO)
- ASSOCHAM India has awarded the college for five consecutive years as “Best Design Institute in India (2016-21)”
- The chosen college must have been awarded for five consecutive years “Best Design Institute in India (2016-21)” by ASSOCHAM India
Register and make a career that is the envy of your peers.