A frequent issue that has not spared anyone is Back pain! It is a common issue that affects people irrespective of age and gender. Various factors are responsible for back aches which can cause a range of symptoms (mild to severe).
According to Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata Dosha is responsible for the disorders related to the spine. The bones, and muscles, become dry, brittle, and are more susceptible to injury. Ayurvedic Treatment for Back Pain is based on a purely natural approach and heals with utmost care.
Causes of Back pain: Some of the common causes/risk factors are:
- Poor posture: If the person has an incorrect posture while sitting, or sleeping pain may arise. Lifting heavy objects and bending or performing tasks that require a lot of pressure on the back is the common cause of persistent back pain.
- Sedentary lifestyle: An inactive routine, where no physical activity is present leads to muscle strain. The pressure on the spine and nerves due to prolonged sitting put the person at more risk for back pain.
- Vata Dosha imbalance: When the equilibrium of the tridoshas is disturbed the pain begins. The vitiation of Vata Dosha primarily is the causal factor of the back ache.
- Poor diet: Unhealthy diet, dry, cold, and having processed foods, or skipping meals can cause the accumulation of toxins in the body. The digestive fire is directly linked to spine pain.
- Stress: Stress has a vital role to play as the nervous system is affected. The nerves and the activity of the brain are hindered which causes a wide range of warning signs along with pain.
- Disorder: If there is already existing condition like Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Sciatica, nerve compression, slipped disc, or any kind of injury the person is likely to suffer from back ache.
Other symptoms which are associated with back pain are:
- Tingling sensation
- Pain that radiates to arms or legs
How is Dr. Sharda Ayurveda Helping Patients Suffering from Back Pain?
Ayurvedic Doctor in Ludhiana at Dr. Sharda Ayurveda focus to balance the body, mind, and soul. Various natural ways are offered to the patients to end their suffering. The root cause of the disease is removed rather than just working on the symptoms. The comprehensive approach is used to customize the treatment. Diet charts are provided and Yoga/meditation is encouraged to promote healing and restore balance.
Moreover, online consultation is provided worldwide and prescribed medicines are delivered to the doorstep of the patient. With these natural ways, relief is ensured to the affected individuals.
Mr. Mukesh, a 25-year-old young patient shares his experience with extreme back pain. He was in a terrible state, despite taking multiple painkillers he could not find any relief. The condition got serious when the pain started to radiate in his legs. The major event was when he could not feel his legs while driving. He was completely bedridden.
All his hopes were shattered. He states he was terrified when at this young age the doctor advised him to undergo an operation. But by God’s grace, his surgery got canceled. He took this as a sign and consulted the experts of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda with a friend’s suggestion. His treatment was initiated after examining and going through his medical history. Along with prescribed medications, modifications in diet and Yoga healed him effectively. He finally found back pain relief with Ayurvedic treatment.
Click here – A Complete Guide to Axe Throwing
Ayurvedic Treatment for Back Pain and Diet Chart
Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine that has a holistic approach to treating the disorder. The root cause of the disease is eliminated and provides long-term relief. The combination of herbs, modifications in diet/lifestyle, and adoption of yoga/meditation help in alleviating symptoms and preventing backache.
A diet chart for back pain includes various categories along with the best food items.
|VEGETABLE||Carrots, Bitter gourd, Bottle gourd, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Garlic, Onion or Brinjal|
|CEREAL||Millets, Kodo millet, Pearl millet, Black rice ( no multi grains flour)|
|OIL||Mustard, Cow’s ghee, flaxseed, Groundnut|
|SUGAR/SALT||Gud, Pink salt, Rock salt|
|DRY FRUITS||Walnut, Almond, Munakka (Soaked overnight)|
|SPROUTS||Fenugreek, carrot, radish, Alfalfa, Alsi|
|MILK||Coconut, Almond, Cow’s Milk|
|JUICES||Beetroot, Carrot, Coconut, Orange, Kiwi, Pomegranate, wheat grass|
|SALAD||Carrot, tomato, Cabbage, Zucchini, Coriander, Lettuce|
|TEA||Herbal tea, Green tea, Lemon tea, Kesar tea|
|HERBAL WATER||Ginger, Honey, Cumin|
|CHUTNEY||Mint, Coriander, Coconut, Tomato|
What should be avoided?
- Processed, oily, Junk, stale foods
- Carbonated, sweet, alcoholic beverages
- Processed salt, and sugar
- Smoking, and substance abuse
- Dairy products-, cheese and Paneer
The professional health experts must be consulted before following a proper diet routine, as the health professional will grab the information and then plan the right diet for the affected person. As everyone is different so are their needs according to their health condition.
Ayurveda has immense powers which help in finding a life that is happy, healthy, and disease free! Start achieving your life and health goals with Ayurveda!