Many overweight women are self-conscious about their appearance and often feel like they have to hide their bodies. While diet and exercise are the best ways to lose weight, shapewear can also help create a more flattering silhouette. Shapewear is a type of underwear that smooths out your figure and makes you look thinner. It comes in many different styles, so you can find one that fits your needs. If you’re looking for a way to feel more confident about your appearance, consider trying shapewear.
There are two categories of women whose weight is somewhat higher than generally accepted standards.
- The first category is courageous fighters with extra pounds, expelling them with grueling workouts and a variety of diets.
- The second category is those who have come to terms with their “unfortunate” fate: they look with sad eyes at elegant outfits and pull on bag-like mantles in the hope of hiding their “major flaw”.
It should be noted that simulators and food restrictions do not always lead to the desired results, so the ranks of the second category are constantly replenished with new sufferers.
How many women in the world dream of meeting a kind wizard who can solve their problem with a wave of a magic wand!
Let’s make them happy: such a magician appeared and gave them a wonderful gift – body shaper underwear. It is not at all like the medieval corsets, in which, as if in a shell, the unfortunate ladies were dragged.
Categories of shapewear for obese women
There are three categories for body shaping:
- Weak correction: this category only emphasizes natural forms, having a slight slimming effect;
- Moderate (or medium) correction: provides a slimming effect on problem areas of the figure due to a combination of fabrics of different densities;
- Strong correction: it is made of dense fabric with the addition of corset trims. It completely changes not only the silhouette but also the posture.
Underwear for visual weight loss
It is worn for the purpose of:
- smooth the lines of the abdomen or visually reduce its volume
- make the waist smaller
- lift or visually enlarge the chest
- correct the shape and reduce the volume of the hips and buttocks with butt lifter body shaper
- to give smoothness to the line of the hips
- correct posture
How to choose the right shapewear?
It should be chosen strictly according to the size of the figure. For a corrective, this is especially important. Otherwise, instead of beautiful forms, you will get a shapeless silhouette with skin folds protruding along the contour.
So, what and how to measure:
- to determine the size of the bra, you will need two measurements: the circumference of the chest and the circumference of the body under the breast.
- the size of the corrective shorts determines the circumference of the waist and hips;
After recording the results of the measurements, feel free to go to the store. Now you can choose the size you need according to the size range indicated on the label.
What should be considered when choosing a size?
Remember the general rule: it is necessary to take measurements at the protruding points. And do not forget to first take off your underwear before picking up corrective.
We measure the circumference of the chest: the centimeter tape should be located on the body strictly horizontally without any displacement up or down. This measurement is taken at the level of the protruding points of the chest. And measure the waist. If you are unable to accurately determine the waistline, do a little trick: bend your elbows and press them tightly to your body.
Shapewear can be an incredibly helpful tool for overweight women looking to improve their appearance. By wearing shapewear that fits well and is made from a piece of high-quality fabric like cotton shapewear, you can smooth out your curves and create a more streamlined silhouette. Shapewear can also help control sweating and odor, making it a great choice for everyday wear.