Running is one important part of men’s workout routine, and for that, one needs to wear good-quality running shoes as these shoes serve a particular purpose and have been designed to fit the feet in a particular way. Even when you deviate a little, when you are trying to buy running shoes for men online, you will end up having the wrong pair of styles, which will adversely affect your running. So, the easy way is to make a checklist of the factors to consider before you start shopping for men’s running shoes.
The craze of buying online shoes for men
Gone are the days when people used to visit a shoe store, try out the shoes, and buy them after that. With the busy lifestyle, no one really has the time to visit the stores these days. So, the easiest and most convenient way of shopping – yes, we are talking about online shopping, is applicable even for buying men’s footwear. To make matters more complicated for customers, there are a dozen of running shoes for men available out there, and not all of them are right for you. You must be extremely cautious when you are choosing a pair of best-fitting running shoes that not only serves the purpose but also feels comfortable on the feet.
Factors to pay heed to while running men’s running shoes
- The type of running surface: The outsole of the shoe is the area where the rubber or the foam of the shoe touches the road. It is designed in such a way that it can enhance the flexibility of the shoe and increase its wear life. If you are planning to run on a rough surface, consider buying a pair of shoes that is made of materials that can provide durability and traction without adding any extra weight and also can provide you with underfoot stability.
- Forefoot and heel cushioning: Heal cushioning refer to the material that the midsole is made up of so that the shock of the heel strike can be minimized. Some shoes have a soft pad on the outer edge of the shoe to minimize the impact of the landing. Choose such a pair of shoes that maintains a balance between stability and cushioning and allows you to roll your foot when you are taking a stride. Now the purpose of forefoot cushioning is to reduce the impact of the stride that occurs at the front of the foot. This cushioning protects the structure of the foot. Choose such a pair that maintains a balance between the shoe platform and the cushioning.
- The shape of the midsole: Many shoes come with a flex groove that is placed under the ball of the foot so that you can comfortably bend your foot when you are wearing the shoe. Adding a toe spring to the midsole will allow the feet to roll when you are taking a stride. Choose a pair of running shoes that has a rocker-style midsole with an aggressive toe spring that will allow you to have a forward roll. Choose the one which lets you roll your feet as per your pace and your foot movement.
- Drop between the heel and the toe: Drop refers to the difference in length that the heel and the ball of the foot has when you are standing. The drop of the shoe is an important factor that can change the stride of a person. While picking men’s footwear, choose the one that reduces stress on your foot. You can go for a zero-drop shoe that is designed in such a way that the heel and the toe are at an equal distance from the ground.
- The insole type: The insole is the removable cushioning pad that protects the bottom surface of your feet. Whenever you try on a pair of men’s footwear, you can find out how comfortable the shoe is based on what the insole feels like. When you are walking by taking longer strides or running, the insole must feel comfortable on your feet, which is why adding a new favorite shoe insole is a must.
Mistakes to avoid when you buy running shoes for men online
- Don’t go only for the looks: While it is good to keep your foot fashion in trend, but you are shopping running shoes for men, comfort and durability win over looks. Even if the shoe is good-looking, but it does not serve your purpose, it is better not to buy it.
- Buying too-tight fitting shoes: Buying shoes that are too tight can lead to blisters and rashes. So, while buying online shoes for men, make sure that they are roomy enough but are not sloppy; otherwise, you will not be able to run comfortably.
- Making a casual estimate about your size: You must remember that sizes vary from brand to brand, so, say your size is 8 for a particular brand A, and the mistake that people often make is they assume that the size will be the same for another brand B, which is not so. So, it is always better to measure your foot size every time you buy a pair of shoes.
- Not utilizing the discounts and offers: When you are shopping online for men’s footwear, you will get many discounts and offers. So, keep visiting the website or app regularly and keep an eye on the latest offers to get your pair of running shoes at the most affordable rate.
We hope that this guide has provided you with enough information about the factors that you need to mind while buying men’s footwear and also the kind of mistakes that you need to avoid while shopping. Carry your outfit with the correct pair of casual shoes designed for you by visiting the website of Campus Shoes, where you can buy running shoes for men online at pocket-friendly prices.