Oysters are a delicacy that many people love. For many, the best way to enjoy them is probably by eating them raw, with just lemon and salt. But, they can also be cooked in an array of different ways.
Here are 12 oyster dishes that you will not want to miss out on! After reading this article, you’ll probably go looking for oyster delivery Sydney in no time.
click here – CAB Full Form: What Ist The Full Form Of CAB?
- Oysters Rockefeller – This dish consists of spinach leaves topped with butter-poached or boiled oysters in a sauce consisting of cream (or milk), Worcestershire sauce, onion, salt and pepper. It was invented by Jules Alciatore who named it after the American politician John D. Rockefeller because he loved the dish so much when visiting New Orleans (USA) in 1899.
- Oysterette – These small oysters are battered and deep-fried. They are then served with tartar sauce, lemon wedges and malt vinegar.
- Oyster Stew – This dish is made with milk, cream, butter, onions and seasonings. It can also include potatoes, celery and carrots. The oysters are added to the mixture and cooked until they are plump.
- Grilled Oysters – Here, the oysters are seasoned with salt, pepper and butter then grilled slightly charred.
- Oyster Pie – This dish is made with oysters, eggs, butter, milk and seasonings. It is then baked in a pastry crust.
- Oysters with Mango and Chilli – The oysters here are topped with mango and chilli salsa, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Buffalo Fried Oysters – These are oysters that have been battered, fried then served with buffalo sauce.
- Oyster Omelette – This dish is made with eggs, oysters, onions and seasonings. It is then cooked until it is fluffy and golden brown.
- Oyster Po’Boy – This is a sandwich that consists of fried oysters on French bread with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and remoulade sauce.
- Cajun Oysters – These oysters are spicy due to the Cajun seasoning added before cooking them just about any type of way you want!
- Oyster Tacos – The tacos are made with soft tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and salsa while the oysters can be cooked in many different ways, such as grilled, boiled or fried.
- Oyster Bienville – Oyster Bienville is baked oysters that are topped with creamed shallots and Parmesan cheese. It can also include breadcrumbs, Pernod or sherry wine . The dish was named after John Montresor who was an architect for New Orleans in the 1700s.
- Oysters Kilpatrick – These baked oysters are topped with bacon, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Oyster Fritters – Here, the fritters consist of chopped raw or cooked oysters mixed in batter then deep-fried to perfection.
- Guljeon – This is a Korean dish made with boiled oysters, soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil. It can also include green onion, toasted sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
click here – AMUL Full Form: What Is The Full Form Of AMUL?
There are so many different ways to enjoy oysters, whether you like them fried, grilled or stewed. They can be a starter or the main course and there is definitely something for everyone when it comes to these delectable shellfish. So what are you waiting for? Try some of these amazing dishes today!