The dental sector is one of the flourishing sectors in recent years. It has been part of the healthcare industry for many decades, yet the value of dental care is significantly reaching people only in recent years. This progress in the knowledge panel of public health care including dental care has recently created a great career vacuum in the dental sector. The demand for skilled dental professionals has hiked up and thus showcases a great career scope.
If you are someone interested in taking up the dental sector as your career platform, it is time for you to gear up and study dental courses at the right dental college like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the best dental colleges in India.
Let this article shed light on the steps to choosing the ideal dental college for your bright future.
Range of dental courses offered in India:
Top colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, the leading dental college in Bhopal, and many others offer undergraduate and postgraduate dental courses for students. Let us know more about these courses here.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS):
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is the undergraduate dental course towards the dental profession offered in renowned colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the best BDS colleges in India, that can be pursued after 12th grade, and Here are further details about the course:
|Course||Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)|
|Course Description||BDS is a dental degree course that focuses on educating dental medical practices, procedures, techniques, and much more which are to be applied in treating dental ailments and maintaining dental hygiene.|
4 years + 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship.
|Eligibility Criteria||The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue BDS at any top college like Mansarovar Dental College, the top dental college and hospital in Bhopal, and others are as follows:
|Admission Procedure||Admission to BDS at any dental college like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the best dental colleges in India requires NEET qualified score.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 1 – 6 LPA|
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS):
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) is an advanced level dental course offered in renowned colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, the leading dental college in Madhya Pradesh, that can be pursued after BDS here are further details about the course:
|Course||Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)|
|Course Description||MDS course is centralized on preparing BDS graduates in specific dental specialities. This course focuses on providing in-depth knowledge about advanced dental practices and innovative technologies related to the dental sector.|
|Eligibility Criteria||The general eligibility criteria to pursue MDS at top colleges like MDC, one of the best dental colleges in India are as follows:
|Admission Procedure||Admission to MDS courses at top colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the best dental colleges in India, and others are provided mostly based on NEET-PG score.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2-10 LPA|
Steps to choose the ideal dental college:
Let’s find here how to choose the ideal dental college step by step.
Step 1: List out your desired dental colleges
The first step to choosing the college is to know the colleges.
Yes. List out the colleges that you feel meeting your satisfaction. Note it, colleges that are felt accepted, are not found accepted.
Step 2: Check colleges for specific factors
Certain factors are essential for a dental college to get qualified as the ideal one. It is important to make sure those factors are found in your chosen college to get a quality education.
Here are the factors that need to be checked in dental college:
- Accreditation: Best Dental Colleges in India should be accredited by the Dental Council of India (DCI). In addition, recently DCI has mandated NAAC accreditation as compulsory.
- Affiliation: Dental College Affiliation is very necessary to determine the standard of the college. It is necessary for the best dental colleges in India to be affiliated with any of the recognized universities.
- Curriculum: The curriculum of dental courses is usually decided by the Dental Council of India, yet certain colleges have their own way of inculcating the curriculum in the courses. So, it is important to go through the curriculum of your chosen dental course in a particular college.
- Lab Facilities: Lab Facilities are essential when it comes to dental practices. Laboratories are the guiding places for dentists to train themselves to provide quality dental care to future patients.
- Other Infrastructures: Infrastructure is not specific to dental colleges but has to be available in all good standard colleges. Some of the essential required infrastructures include libraries, sports facilities, canteen, and hostel facilities which include mess, transport facilities, and emergency healthcare facilities.
Step 3: Analyse the fee structure of your chosen dental course.
Once done with checking the factors, now it is time to analyse the fee structure.
Get the fee structure of colleges that you have on your list and compare to find the one that matches your affordability.
Step 4: Finalise the college
With all three steps completed, now it is time to finalize your dental college. Having checked and analysed all the factors, there is always an intuition that says, “ Go for it!” for a particular college and that will be your ideal dental college.
Choosing an ideal dental college is very important as it has a great impact on your education and career. There are many best dental colleges in India, but it takes effort and time to identify them. Following the above-mentioned step-to-step guide will make it easy for you to find your ideal dental college.
- What is the average fee for a BDS course?
Average fees for a BDS degree will be between INR 50,000 to INR 4 LPA.
- Is BDS equivalent to MBBS?
By the level of degree, both BDS and MBBS are undergraduates. But, BDS deals with dentistry exclusively while MBBS deals with general medicine.
- Can BDS graduates be called doctors?
BDS graduates are actually to be called dental surgeons but not doctors. But there is no restriction on using a doctor before their name.
- Which is better, BDS or BAMS?
BDS is better if you want to establish a career completely in the dental care industry while BAMS is preferable if you want to become an ayurvedic doctor.
- Can BDS graduates pursue two different MDS specialisations simultaneously?
No, BDS graduates cannot pursue two different MDS specialisations simultaneously but can pursue one after another.