In today’s world, website is considered your virtual office. Most of the well-known companies across the globe have their own business website. Website is important because online promotion, Sales and Marketing activities start from building a website.
So, it is important for every business to monitor website changes and keep its website up and running. The reason behind this is, majority of people today are more active “online” than offline.
For a small business with a limited budget, it can get difficult to outsource everything. Hiring a website designer may get pricey.
No need to worry, the process of basic website creation is not as tough as it seems. There are readymade themes, website builders available in the market which can enable you to build a beautiful and professional business website on your own. You just need to get going with our process.
In this article, we will show you the 8 Key Steps To Building A Great Small Business Website on your own.
click here – Trading Directly from Charts – an Effective Way of Trading
- Buy a domain first
The first step to building your website is to buy a domain in the name for your business.
With the help of a domain name, people will be able to find your business online. While choosing your business name, try to choose a name that resonates with your business.
Few things to keep in mind,
- Keep your domain name as short as possible.
- It should be easy to spell.
- Better choose .com domain extension, if don’t have much knowledge about domains.
- Don’t use special characters and numbers in your domain name.
click here – Rodent crisis in Detroit: Why has it become so serious?
- Choose a web hosting suitable to your requirements.
A web hosting company provides space to keep your website’s data. Web hosting provider hosts your data on their servers and send it to the domain whenever any visitor visits your website.
Choosing a good hosting provider is very important because.
- Good web hosting remains active 99% of the time.
- A good web hosting provider will be reliable and will provide you with 24/7 customer support, whether it be a call or chat support.
- Hosting is responsible for the website’s loading speed, a good hosting will not let you fall behind your competitors in terms of speed.
There are a few pointers that you should keep in mind while purchasing hosting for your business,
- Don’t choose very cheap hosting providers and choose from well-known players in the market. The reason behind this is the average performance of their hosting and unreliable customer support.
- Choose a hosting provider which provides both call and chat support.
- Look for the uptime of the web hosting, if it is 99% or above then it is good to go for.
- Choose a hosting plan according to your requirements. ( There are various hosting plans like a shared plan, dedicated hosting plan, VPS plan, etc. for a small business website you can start with selecting a shared hosting)
- Check the server security the hosting company provides.
- Connect domain with hosting
You need to connect your domain and hosting so that they can communicate with each other. After connecting a hosting with your domain name your hosting will be able to share the data to your domain whenever a visitor visits your website.
The process to point a domain to hosting is pretty simple, you just need to add nameservers to your domain provider’s DNS panel.
Want to know how to connect domain with hosting? We have explained the complete procedure with the help of Hostcano web hosting, you can refer it here.
Visit here to know about web design companies.
- Install wordpress on your hosting
WordPress is a free content management platform which is easy to handle and will give you plenty of options to customize your website.
Here is the complete process on how to install wordpress on hosting.
- Select a theme and template suitable for your business
You can choose a theme that you like from the themes panel in wordpress. With each hosting, you will get a set of readymade templates that you can use directly for your website.
Note: You can use elementor if you want a customized website of your own. Elementor is a website builder which will enable you to build a beautiful website on your own.
- Add content on your website
A website has many sections in it and you need to add content accordingly. The most basic pages are the homepage, about us page, contact us page, blogs page, etc.
Note: You can take reference from other websites and add content accordingly on your website.
- Optimize your website for search engines
Once the content is added, you have to optimize your website so that people can find your website. The process used to rank a website on google is called as SEO (search engine optimization). It is a difficult process and requires years of understanding, so either you can learn it from online sources or you can outsource this task.
- Publish your website
Many website builders keep the website private until it gets completed. You need to check into the settings and make your website “public”.
It is important to check for the mobile usability of your website before you make it public.
It is necessary to have a website for your business. If you can’t outsource it then also you don’t need to worry. Following these 8 key steps to building a small business website, you will be able to create a professional website for your business.