When utilised well, a blog can be transformative for any website. That said, it’s an awful lot of work. With that in mind, what are the pros and cons of blogging on your website? Is it a waste of time or would you be missing out on a lot of potential business by skipping it? Let’s find out!
The pros of having a blog
Having a blog on your website, in our opinion, is critical if you wish to reach your full potential with your online marketing efforts. Here are a few other benefits to consider:
- Getting started is easy: getting started with blogging on your website is actually rather straightforward. You just need to have the blog feature set up and then start doing some research into what your audience is most interested in reading about. Following that you can develop a content creation strategy and start publishing blog posts as often as you see fit.
- Attracts more traffic: when you do your keyword research and start covering interesting topics that your audience wishes to engage with, you can attract more traffic to your website. Of course, you must ensure that your blog posts are optimized accordingly and that you invest your time in creating high-value content that is bound to perform well and attract shares. If you can master that, you will see an increase in traffic to your website.
- Helps build authority: a well-populated blog can help you establish yourself as an authority in your industry. For any potential clients or customers who aren’t quite convinced, if they engage with your blog and find a wealth of awesome, industry-expert information, the chances of them converting will be much higher.
- Grow your community: when you stay committed to delivering high-value content and becoming something of a thought-leader in your industry, you can use your blog to start building a community of avid readers – and indeed regular customers.
- Create internal linking: blogging is a great way to expand the internal linking structure of your website, connecting the relevant blogs with one another and linking to the appropriate product and/or services pages. This is not only great for your SEO, but it also improves the customer experience and helps your website visitors navigate their way around with ease.
The cons of having a blog
Having a blog isn’t all sunshine and rainbows however; there are a few drawbacks:
- It takes a lot of time and effort to maintain: to get the most out of your blog you need to be posting consistently. Not only that, but you need to ensure that every post is SEO optimized and that you are frequently going back to update and link internally with previously published posts. This is a job in and of itself which is why many business owners struggle to utilise their blog effectively. The alternative? Hire SEO services in Singapore and let a well-established agency take care of everything on your behalf.
- You won’t be an overnight success: just like SEO, it can take a while before your blog is up and running successfully and attracting regular readers. This can be very off-putting for business owners who have neither the time nor desire to invest. Again, factoring this into your broader digital marketing strategy and outsourcing it to the pros is a great solution.
Final thoughts: The cons are easy to overcome
All in all, blogging can yield some awesome advantages that are not to be snuffed at. That, and the disadvantages are very easy to overcome by simply outsourcing the tasks to the professionals.
In any case we hope you’ve found this article insightful. What do you reckon? Is it time for you to start a blog and lead the conversation in your industry?