One of the most popular and in-demand certifications in the IT field is the Cloud Architect Certification. In this article, we will be focusing on how you can prepare for the certification exam.
In this digital era, the cloud is indeed everywhere. The global cloud services market was valued at $264.8 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $927.51 billion by 2027. There are several players in the cloud industry. However, the most sought-after cloud service providers include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. These services dominate the market and offer a multitude of job opportunities for cloud computing professionals. So, if you are a hands-on solutions architect or a consultant, having Cloud Architect certification will be extremely beneficial for your career.
Let’s begin by stating that clearing the certification exam is not easy. You can’t pass the test by purchasing a few practice exams and running through them again and again. The exams are usually scenario-focused. The only way for you to pass the exam is to have an understanding of the services and hands-on experience working with them.
Here are a few tips that will help you prepare a roadmap to earn the certification:
- Understand the format of the exam
You need to start your preparation by getting familiar with the exam procedure and format of the certification exam; regardless of the cloud service provider, you are going for. It will help you in analyzing the type of questions that are asked in the exam. The internet is full of different resources where you can get the right content. However, it is recommended that you read the official documentation available on the website of the cloud service provider. The documentation will contain all the information about the exam prerequisites, resources, and information on every topic. By having an understanding of the exam format, you will have the right guidance and learning path. Also, all the certifications exam have their own set of questions as per the domain. So, you need to create a customized strategy for the certification.
- Start learning
Now that you are familiar with the exam format and schemes, you need to begin the learning process. Start from the basics. You can either take advantage of the resources available on the internet for self-learning or you can enroll yourself in a Cloud Architect certification training program. There are dedicated training programs for all the cloud service providers that provide quality resources and help you prepare better for the certification exam. Also, these learning platforms have instructor-led training that will allow you to get more exposure, efficient learning, and a solution for all your queries.
- Hands-on experience
This is true for all the certification exams. The best way of learning something is by practicing. To have practical knowledge of the cloud service, you need to have hands-on experience with the platform. Just reading books, watching tutorials, and attending lectures won’t be enough. Once you have a theoretical understanding of the concept, you need to try it on the real system in order to make it more effective. Your training provider will ensure that you have access to hands-on labs to practice using different cloud services and products in a live environment. Through this, you will be able to enhance your skills at zero cost. Practicing your skills with real-world scenarios will make you better with technology.
- Solve practice tests
It doesn’t matter what exam you are preparing for. The best way for you to test your knowledge is through practice papers. Most of the cloud service providers offer practice papers that you can try. If not, you will be able to get some practice tests for your service providers. During the test, you will be going through all the important domains and getting familiar with the exam environment like the type of questions, time limit, etc. You should also reach out to other professionals through discussion forums and study groups to clear your doubts and improve your preparation. These groups can help you get study resources and exam-related information.
- Learn the strategies for taking the exam
- As mentioned above, the certification exam will have scenario-based questions. For such questions, you need to first read the kicker. These questions start with a large paragraph and have a ‘kicker’ that asks the question. Find the kicker and then read the paragraph. It is important to pay attention to what the question is asking. In some cases, multiple solutions might work, but you must select the ones that are meeting the specific requirements of the question.
- You can use the process of elimination for all the questions. Each question will have some options that are surely not the answer. When you get rid of these, your chances of selecting the right answer will increase. This might seem like an obvious trick, but it is more tricky than it looks. This is because in the certification exam, the questions are designed to trick you. So, you have to pay attention to the question.
- You have to read the question twice. As mentioned before, the questions are created to be tricky. Just glancing at them and answering immediately won’t help you at all. Even a small nuance in the words can change the right answer. Going too fast will only make you select the wrong answer.
- You can mark the tough question for review. In the real exam, there will be an option to mark the questions for review and check them later. If you have doubts about a question, you can select the best choice and review it at the end of the exam.
With the help of the above-mentioned strategies, you will be able to prepare better for the Cloud Architect Certification exam. Regardless of whether you are going for the AWS, Azure, or GCP platform, the certifications are bound to take your professional life to the next level.