In simple language, Apostille Attestation means attestation procedure for the personal and educational documents or certificates. Apostille Attestation is valid in more than 100 nations that are part of the Hague Convention. You will see that in these nations Apostille Attestation documents are necessary.
All nations of the Hague Convention depend on Apostille documents and they consider these documents and certificates valid for entry into the country. This feature of Apostille is beneficial for the applicants because they don’t have to carry all the documents.
What do you mean by Apostille?
When you are travelling abroad from Mumbai you may come up with a question: What is the Meaning of Apostille? In simple words, an apostille is a valid process that needs to be done for the authentication of documents and certificates. It works as the certification process that ensures the credibility and authenticity of clients’ documents and certificates.
You will see that India is a country where your Aadhar Card and Birth Certificate is the proof that shows you are a lawful citizen of India. These documents are valid in India but not valid when you are travelling abroad. You need to go through the Apostille Attestation process for these documents to ensure their credibility and authenticity of the documents.
If you are travelling abroad from Mumbai then you have to ensure that all documents have Apostille Attestation. For that, the applicants can search for Apostille Services in Mumbai or Apostille attestation in Mumbai.
When will your documents get the Apostille Attestation?
The applicant needs to find Apostille services in Mumbai or someone who provides services of Apostille attestation in Mumbai. You can get the apostille attestation certificate once you get the apostille stamp from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). MEA is the only authority in India that will provide the Apostille stamp and it will include all the necessary details about the applicant.
The apostille is a square-shape stamp that you will see on the backside of the document. This Apostille stamp is generated by computer and it will have a unique number so it will be different every time. This unique identification number will help the applicants to verify all the documents in a foreign country.
Applicants can easily do Apostille in Mumbai and for that, the applicants have to find Apostille services in Mumbai. The applicants need to go through the apostille attestation process when they want to travel abroad for business or educational purposes.
When do you need Apostille?
Apostille is necessary when you are thinking about travelling to any country that is part of the Hague Convention. The majority of applicants want to find a service provider of Apostille in Mumbai. You will see some documents and certificates that require the stamp of an apostille. When the applicant is travelling abroad for study purposes then the applicant needs to have the stamp of Apostille on all educational documents.
How to get Apostille done in Mumbai?
There are two ways to get the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Apostille done in Mumbai which is mentioned below.
- State Attestation:
- This procedure of State Attestation is also famous as Human Resource Department (HRD). It is responsible for the attestation of all educational and non-educational documents and certificates.
- The applicant has to visit the respective universities, Regional Authentication Centres, and Secretary offices for the attestation.
- You will have to remember that when you are travelling to countries like Italy or Austria, State Attestation is necessary.
- While for all other Hague countries SDM apostille is valid you don’t require State Attestation.
- Sub Divisional Magistrate Attestation:
- Sub Divisional Magistrate Attestation can be done in Delhi. It is the fastest way of verification since only one department is responsible for this procedure.
- As you know, the State Attestation process takes a much longer time than the SDM attestation. So that’s why many applicants prefer to go choose SDM Apostille because it is smoother and faster.
What will happen once you apply for Apostille?
Once the applicant has applied for the authentication of documents and certificates then those certificates will be verified by the respective departments. After the approval from SDM attestation or State attestation, the document will be processed through the ministry of external affairs (MEA) for apostille.
What is the fee for Apostille?
MEA of India charges a fee of Rs. 50 per document if the applicant wants to do apostille. The Ministry of External Affairs doesn’t accept any documents from the applicant because all the documents are required to be submitted and collected by the outsourced agencies. So, the outsourced agencies charge Rs. 90 as service fee and Rs. 3 scanning fees as per page of the documents.
Documents required for Apostille by Category
- Educational Documents:
- Educational documents and certificates are necessary for the applicant who is applying for a student visa.
- Degree Certificate
- SSC Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Commercial Documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Insurance Certificate
- Bank Statement
- Invoice Bill
- Personal Documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Passport Copy
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Experience Certificate