In this article, we are going to know PCOD full form
PCOD Full Form
What Is The PCOD Full Form?
The Full Form Of PCOD is Polycystic Ovary Disease.
Below We Are Going To Explain The Meaning Of PCOD,
Meaning Of PCOD
What Is The Meaning Of PCOD?
The Meaning Of PCOD,
PCOD, or Polycystic Ovary Disease, maybe a quite hormonal disorder that affects one in 10 women. It refers to a condition when a woman has a number of small cysts in the ovaries. Besides unpredictable hormonal behavior, this condition can trigger infertility, diabetes, excessive hair growth, acne.
See This Also: What Is BC Full Form? Find Out The Full Form Of BC.
Below We Are Going To Explain The Abbreviation Of PCOD,
Abbreviation Of Polycystic Ovary Disease.
What Is The Abbreviation Of Polycystic Ovary Disease?
The Abbreviation Of Polycystic Ovary Disease Of PCOD.
What is Polycystic Ovarian Disease?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), also referred to as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) may be a quite common condition affecting 5% to 10% of girls within the age bracket 12–45 years. It is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance.
It can cause problems with menstrual periods and make it difficult for her to conceive. The principal features include irregular periods, no ovulation, acne, and hirsutism. If not treated it can cause insulin-resistant diabetes, obesity, and high cholesterol resulting in heart condition.
What causes Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD)?
- Normally, the ovaries make female sex hormones and a small number of male sex hormones (androgens). This helps regulate the normal development of eggs in the ovaries during each menstrual cycle.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome is said to an imbalance in these sex hormones. In PCOS, they start making slightly more androgens. This causes patients to prevent ovulating, get pimples, and grow extra facial and hair.
- Follicles are sacs within the ovaries that contain eggs. Normally, one or more eggs are released during each cycle. This is called ovulation.
- In polycystic ovary syndrome, the eggs in these follicles don’t mature and aren’t released from the ovaries. Instead, they will form very small cysts within the ovary, hence the name polycystic ovaries.
- PCOS seems to run in families, therefore the chance of getting it’s higher if other women within the family have PCOS, irregular periods, or diabetes
Common symptoms of PCOD/PCOS include:
- Weight gain and trouble losing weight
- Extra hair on the face and body. Often women get thicker, darker facial hair and more hair on the belly, chest, back.
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Irregular periods. Some women haven’t any periods others have very heavy bleeding
- Fertility problems. Many women have trouble getting pregnant
Investigations like blood sugar estimation, thyroid hormone tests, ultrasound of the abdomen, and pelvis are done. Sometimes serum androgens, luteinizing hormone, and other hormone estimations may be ordered
The medical treatment of PCOD/PCOS focuses on managing your individual concerns, like infertility, hirsutism, acne, or obesity.
- Lowering of blood glucose levels
- Restoration of fertility
- Treatment of hirsutism or acne
- Restoration of normal menstruation, and prevention of endometrial hyperplasia and
- endometrial carcinoma
Losing weight (which are often difficult) has been shown to assist with diabetes, high vital sign, and high cholesterol. Even a weight loss of fifty of total weight has been shown to assist with the imbalance of hormones and also with infertility.
Frequently Asked Question:
What does Pcod mean?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), also referred to as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) may be a quite common condition affecting 5% to 10% of girls within the age bracket 12–45 years. It is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with menstrual periods and make it difficult for her to conceive.
Can Pcod be cured?
PCOD does not have any cure. The treatment method could entail changes in lifestyle like loss of weight as well as exercise. Birth control medications can help with enhancing the regularity of menstrual periods, excessive growth of hair, also as acne. Metformin and also anti-androgens can also help.
Is PCOD and PCOS same?
People often get confused about Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD). Both these diseases are associated with ovaries. PCOS may be a system disorder while PCOD is a condition developed by the hormonal imbalance. According to WHO, PCOS affects 116 million women worldwide.
What are the symptoms of PCOD problem?
Common symptoms of PCOS include:
- irregular periods or no periods at all.
- difficulty getting pregnant
- excessive hair growth – usually on the chest, face, or buttocks, back.
- weight gain.
- thinning hair and hair loss from the head.
- oily skin or acne.
Is Pcod a serious problem?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) maybe ill health that affects 1 in 10 women of childbearing age. Women with PCOS have a hormonal imbalance and metabolism problems which will affect their overall health and appearance. PCOS is additionally a standard and treatable explanation for infertility.
I Hope We Had Covered Your All Queries Regarding
PCOD Full Form In English?
What Is Fullform Of PCOD?
What Is Long-Form Of PCOD?
What Is Abbreviation Of Polycystic Ovary Disease?
Polycystic Ovary Disease Abbreviation In English?
What Is Short Form Of PCOD?
PCOD Meaning In English?
What Is Meaning Of PCOD?
Definition Of PCOD?
PCOD Full Form?