In this article we are going to know IPS full form
IPS Full Form
What Is The IPS Full Form?
The Full Form Of IPS is the Indian Police Service.
Below We Are Going To Explain The Meaning Of IPS,
Meaning Of IPS
What Is The Meaning Of IPS?
The Meaning Of IPS,
There Are 3 Meanings Of IPS Are,
(i) IPS: Indian Police Service
The Indian Police Service is one of the three All India Services of the state of India, simply referred to as Police service. It is a top-rated and prestigious service. The Indian Police Service is constituted in 1948, a year later of independence of India. It has replaced the Indian (Imperial) Police. The IPS officers are recruited through the exam of Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC).
This exam is conducted every year and the selected candidates choose their preferences from the top three services IAS, IFS, and IPS. There are four attempts to pass this exam for general category candidates, 7 attempts for the OBC candidates, and no restriction for the SC/ST candidates. The IPS service is divided into different departments like Crime Branch, Home Guards, Traffic Bureau, and the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
(ii) IPS: In-Plane Switching
In-Plane switching is used in LCDs. It is a kind of screen technology that gives uniform color reproduction and a greater viewing angle than traditional LCDs. It was developed by Hitachi in 1996 to overcome the limitations of the twisted nematic (TN) display like strong viewing angle dependence and low-quality color reproduction.
Advantages of IPS
- It shows consistent, accurate color from all viewing angles.
- IPS processes high-speed signals without data loss.
- It provides a stable response time with clear images.
- The most important benefit of IPS is that it doesn’t lighten or show tailing when touched. So, it is best for touch screen devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Disadvantages of IPS
- It uses more power (almost 15% more) than traditional LCD screens.
- IPS displays are more costly than traditional LCDs.
- The IPS display has a longer response time than normal LCDs.
(iii) IPS: Intrusion Prevention System
Intrusion Prevention System is a network security or threat prevention appliance that is used to monitor network and system activities for malicious activity. It is also called Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPs). IPS can take immediate action after an attacker gains access. It can drop a packet that it finds to be malicious and block all further traffic from that port or IP address.
See This Also: What Is IELTS Full Form? Find Out The Full Form Of IELTS.
Below We Are Going To Explain The Abbreviation Of IPS,
Abbreviation Of Indian Police Service.
What Is The Abbreviation Of Indian Police Service?
The Abbreviation Of Indian Police Service Of IPS.
Education qualification to become an IPS officer
The candidate must be graduate from a recognized university to apply for this job. Every year an exam is scheduled by Union Public Service Commission. This is considered as the toughest exam in India due to its extremely competitive nature.
Height: For men 165 cms, for ladies 150 cms. For SC/ST candidates and the candidates of the races like Gorkhas, Assamese, Garhwalis, etc there is some relaxation in the minimum height required.
Chest: For men, the minimum chest girth required is 84 cms and for women, it is 79 cms.
Eyesight: Myopia including the cylinder should not be more than minus 4.00D and hypermetropia including the cylinder should not be more than plus 4.00 D. The candidates with squint are directly disqualified. Spectacles are allowed.
Rules and Functions of IPS officers
- To maintain public peace and order, crime prevention, investigation, detection, VIPs security, counter-terrorism, drug trafficking, economic offenses, disaster management, etc.
- Lead and command the Indian Intelligence agency like RAW (Research and Analysis Wing), IB (Intelligence Bureau), CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation), CID ( Criminal Investigation Department), etc.
- Lead and command the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) which includes CPO (Central Police Organization), and Central Paramilitary Forces (CPF) such as BSF (Border Security Force), CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force), NSG (National Security Guard), CISF ( Central Industrial Security Force), etc.
- To interact and serve the Ministry and department of state and central in policymaking.
Frequently Asked Question:
What is the salary of an IPS officer per month?
The basic salary of an IPS officer starts at Rs. 56,100(TA, DA, and HRA are extra) per month and may continue to succeed in Rs. 2,25,000 for a DGP.
What is the qualification of IPS?
UPSC Educational Qualification Criteria for IPS
The candidate must have a minimum of a baccalaureate from a recognized university to require the UPSC exam. Even those candidates who have written the ultimate year exams of the qualifying exam (bachelor’s degree) and are awaiting results can apply.
How can I prepare for IPS officer?
While preparing for the IPS (Civil Services exams), you would like to remember of Indian History, Geography, politics also as Science and Technology. You can start your preparation by reading the newspaper daily and making notes related to current affairs.
What is different between IAS and IPS?
IAS and IPS are highly reputable carrier options in India. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service although IPS stands for Indian Police Service. Both are challenging jobs which not only give you power and position but also come with duties towards the nation and responsibility towards society.
How is IPS training?
The training of IPS officers is held in 3 phases over a period of two years. At the top of 3 months, IPS trainees join the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National academy, Hyderabad (SVPNPA) for the second phase of coaching, called the ‘Basic Training Course’.
I Hope We Had Covered Your All Queries Regarding
IPS Full Form In English?
What Is Fullform Of IPS?
What Is Long-Form Of IPS?
What Is Abbreviation Of Indian Police Service?
Indian Police Service Abbreviation In English?
What Is Short Form Of IPS?
IPS Meaning In English?
What Is Meaning Of IPS?
Definition Of IPS?
IPS Full Form?