Forgetting Windows 7 password is a common issue and may happen to the best of us. You may have tried to recall the password a hundred times and failed. Fortunately, you may crack Windows 7 password using various methods. We’ll discuss some of the most valuable methods to crack the password without losing important data.
Crack Windows 7 Password Using a Password Reset Disk
When you do an initial setup of your computer, Microsoft prompts for a Windows 7 password reset disk creation. This comes in handy when you are unable to remember the login password. So, if you already have the reset disk, you may follow easy steps to reset your old password.
To begin, insert the reset disk into the PC.
- Now, go to the Windows 7 lock screen, and type your password a few times for the click Reset password icon to appear.
- Click next and go to the drop-down menu.
- Find the drive with your reset disk and click next.
- Choose a new strong password that is easy to remember. Add a password hint.
- Tap on to finish and restart your PC.
- Log in to Windows with your new password.
Using A Windows 7 Password Cracker
If you don’t have a password reset disk, you may not be able to crack win7 password. In such a situation, it’s best to use password reset software like Windows Password Recovery. This Windows 7 password cracker software will help you reset the password in no time.
Windows Password Recovery has a 100% recovery rate and is a secure way to reset password without losing data. You can do this in just three simple steps.
Creating Windows Password Reset Disk
- Download the password cracking software for Windows 7 to an accessible computer system. Install the program and launch.
- Go to start to download an iso file to create a bootable disk.
- Choose a boot media such as a CD/DVD or USB drive. Click next to format the boot media and continue.
- Windows Password Recovery will start burning on CD/DVD or USB drive in a minute.
Boot Windows System from CD/DVD/USB
- It’s time to unlock your locked computer using the boot Windows system.
- Insert the CD/DVD or USB into the locked system.
- Press F12 or ESC key to go to the boot menu.
- For the system running UEFI, select the first option as UEFI: [USB/CD/DVD Name]
- Press F10 to save the boot menu and exit.
Remove/Reset/Delete/Create Windows Account Password
- Restart the computer after exiting BIOS settings.
- Click on the window system to remove, reset, delete, or create a new account.
- Select any account you wish to reset, remove or delete and click next to proceed.
- You may also add a new account using the create button and then restart your computer.
Crack Windows 7 Password Using CMD (with Windows 7 Installation Disk)
You can also crack Windows 7 password using cmd. The command prompt method is done using a Windows 7 installation CD. This method may be a bit time-consuming; however, it’s worth a try.
Insert the CD with Windows 7 installation program.
- Reboot the system. Select Boot from the CD.
- Select the keyboard input methods, language, currency, and time when Install Windows appears on the screen. Click Next.
- Go to the Repair the computer option at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the pop-up that shows the selected drive as (C:) Local Disk.
- For the recovery tool, select Command Prompt to open its window.
- Copy the file sethc.exe from C:\windows\system32 to a different location.
- Type – C:\cmd.exe C:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
- Copy cmd.exe command prompt. Type – C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe C:\
- Now copy and paste cmd in the System32 Folder as sethc.exe. Type – C:\cmd.exe C:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
- Confirm this overwrite by typing Y and press Enter. You’ll see a message appear 1 file<s> copied.
- Restart your PC after closing the command prompt window. Use an HDD to boot the system.
- Once the Windows load with the password input page, press the SHIFT key 5 times to get the CMD prompt.
- Type the username as net user admin * for the net admin user as the CMD window opens.
- Type in the new password and press Enter.
- Restart the system and log in with the new password.
Crack Win 7 Password by Resetting Windows 7 to Factory Settings
You may reach a dead end if all the password-cracking methods fail. In this case, you may have to reset Windows 7 to factory settings. Note that this will also delete all your data, so you may lose anything significant to the system.
- Start your computer and keep pressing F8 when you see the logo display.
- Choose a repair computer from the advanced boot options.
- Click on Troubleshoot option.
- Click on System Restore from the system recovery options.
- When prompted to reset the PC, click on remove everything.
- This will reset all the system settings without the password while deleting all the data.
- It may take a few minutes for the PC to reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset your Windows 7 password?
If you want to reset your Windows 7 password again, go to the control panel and manage user accounts to reset the password and press okay. Choose a strong password that you can remember.
What’s the best way to reset your Windows 7 password?
One of the best ways to crack Windows 7 password is to use dedicated software to reset, remove, or delete the password. It will allow you to access your system without losing important files.
Is there a limit on incorrect password logins on computers?
You are allowed to enter the wrong password five times, and after this, the computer will lock for five minutes before you try another password. To safeguard your system, you may increase this automatic lock duration from one minute to 99,9999 minutes.
Now you know what to do the next time you forget your Windows 7 password. You can crack Windows 7 password with various methods, such as using CMD, password reset disk or Windows Password Recovery software. Each method has its applications and methods.
If you have a reset disk, follow the steps above to reset the system. Those who did not reset the disk while setting up the computer can rely on Windows Password Recovery software to reset the password while protecting the system data.