If you are the coordinator or marketing director of your company and you are wondering how does Shopify work? Don’t worry, we are going to analyze them step by step.
It is a platform for making sales on the Internet, founded in 2006 in Canada, through which you can create an online store from scratch.
It is very easy to create and start using its platform, you just have to register and choose the plan you want to have according to the size of your company and your needs.
How does Shopify Work?
1.- Open your Account
Through an Internet site, exclusively for your store, provided by Shopify and managed through its platform.When registering, select a domain name for your site and choose a monthly payment plan according to the characteristics of your business.
2.- Manage your Entire Store
Through the home panel, you can manage each part of how Shopify will work in your sales process, that is, decide what products you want to put in your catalog, what forms of payment you accept, etc.
You can also choose to provide promotions to your visitors or deliver home delivery. In general, you are in full control of what, how and when, you can also hire experts of shopify development company which provides their best services.
3.- Prepare Reports and Obtain Analytics
Shopify provides you with detailed reports on how Shopify works in various aspects of your store and the visits it gets, with them you can develop better operations and marketing strategies.
In addition, it informs you about the tastes, place of origin, preferred form of payment and other data of your customers.
Another type of information that you can obtain is about the status of the orders, the abandoned carts and the trend of each of your products.
4.- Use Integrations (Plugins) to Improve your Store
They are programs (or plugins) that help you automate different processes in the management of your online store and that Shopify allows you to integrate to your site.
In general terms, they are divided into two types: those that help you to make it easier to offer services and those that process data.
Who uses Shopify?
Thousands of brands in approximately 175 countries, and even for inspiration, you can find on their official website a blog article with 50 exceptional online stores created with Shopify.
Users range from entrepreneurs to companies with extensive production capacity and shipments to different countries.
Top Lines of Business Using Shopify
This platform, due to the possibility of enabling catalogs with multiple information such as size, color and numerous photos, has been widely used for companies that sell clothing, shoes, beauty items, cosmetics and jewelry.
It is also widely used to sell food and meals, because it allows not only the choice of food items when choosing them in the catalog, but it is also possible to customize cakes, dishes, etc., when ordering.
You can even sell digital products and services, such as travel tours, school club memberships, consultancies, etc.
If you want more ideas of stores for your business you can consult this article on 11 things to sell in Shopify (apart from physical products)
Why use Shopify?
- Free trial. The first thing that Shopify offers you is the possibility of using it for 14 days for free. In that time it allows you to test all its features without the need to enter bank or other details.
- Buy your domain, hosting and design in the same place. From its platform you can choose the name and domain of your store as well as the hosting, and then choose a template and design according to your needs.
- Operate everything and get reports from your home panel. The complete management of your sales, from the promotion to the orders, payments and delivery are in sight and under your control, it also generates detailed reports with all the statistics and information you need.
- Integrated marketing tools. This will help you design and execute your own marketing plans that include different strategies applicable through social media, emails, etc.
- Free resources. It provides you with a series of free tools that is constantly updated, so you can learn how to operate your site.
Free Shopify Resources
- Help Center. Site with short and clear explanations on how Shopyfy works and the different stages of building your virtual store.
- Blog. Here you will find informative articles about news from Shopify and e-commerce in general, with the possibility of subscribing so that this news always arrives for free to your email.
- Community forums. There are more than 700 thousand members registered to the forum where you can ask questions and follow the publications of other Shopify users to get the experience and advice of real people who use this platform.
- Free tools. Shopify has free tools that help you manage and automate functions within your store and notify you (if you subscribe) every time a new one is added to its platform.
Business Encyclopedia. Better than a glossary, the official site of this platform, has a complete encyclopedia of terms, definitions and clear and practical examples of processes, concepts and in general, the slang that is most used in electronic commerce.
How do I Get Started with Shopify?
The first thing is to create an account. You can choose a free 14-day trial that is enough to understand how Shopify works.
During this test, you will not have to provide bank details and it will help you to know all the functions it has, design your store, give it a name and start selling.
The Steps are the Following:
- Register on the platform with an email account.
- Create your store choosing a name and a password.
- Answer a short questionnaire about your products, income, and other data that is used for Shopify statistics (you can also skip it)
- Add an address and some data (non-bank) so that you can receive your payment.
- Set up your store. Choose which tools you want to add and what your home panel would look like.
- Upload your first photos and use some of their recommendations to start promoting your products and services to familiarize yourself with their administration.