A blockchain technology course and certification program is the first step an individual would need to take to understand the fundamentals and technical and functional aspects of building the blockchain solution for any industry. There are multiple opportunities in blockchain technology and its domain.
In the blockchain developer career path, you will need a complete understanding and knowledge of Hyperledger, Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, and its other platforms. You should also know how to use hyperledger composer to set up a private blockchain network. Let’s get started with knowing everything before you begin your blockchain career.
What is blockchain technology?
Blockchain is an encoded and dispersed dataset that helps record data similar to how a computerized transaction will look. Blockchain is a computerized record available on different platforms at one time and not tied down to one place.
How does blockchain technology work?
To understand in a simple language, you can assume blockchain to be just like a google sheet that can be accessed by many at once. Once there is any update on that spreadsheet, anyone can access that with the help of an internet facility. People who have access to that particular spreadsheet will be able to add and view the spreadsheet.
Blockchain also works in a similar function, accessible to everyone with the help of an internet facility.
Skills covered in blockchain technology
Before starting a blockchain career, you must undergo a blockchain certification course and excel in the field. Through the program, you will get to know about the below-mentioned skills that will open different opportunities in blockchain technology:
- Ethereum Blockchain
- Work Flows
- Distributed Ledger
How big is the blockchain technology market?
According to Forbes, the blockchain market is expected to grow to $176 billion by 2025, whereas global spending will be worth USD 11.7 billion on blockchain solutions in 2022. In another survey done by business wire, between 2022 and 2030, the CAGR is expected to rise by 68%.
Looking at this market value, it is not incorrect to say that there are multiple opportunities in blockchain technology. Additionally, as per glassdoor, the average annual salary an individual can make through blockchain is 706K per annum.
Eligibility for the blockchain certification course
Here are some of the prerequisites to learning blockchain technology:
- It would be best to have a basic understanding of programming languages such as Java.
- You should also have completed your bachelor’s degree with at least 50%.
- To understand blockchain, you should also have a basic understanding of mathematical fundamentals.
- Knowledge of data structure and architecture.
- You will also need to have an understanding of cryptography and cybersecurity.
You don’t need to master the 4th and 5th options, but since blockchain is a vast and new concept, a basic understanding will help you learn it faster and better.
What will you learn from the blockchain technology course?
After completing the blockchain technology course, you will have a clear understanding of the following concepts:
- You will completely understand blockchain, decentralized finance, cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens, and decentralized autonomous organizations.
- You can explore current developments, the crypto market, emerging trends, and all the regulatory issues regarding blockchain technology.
- You will be able to apply strategic applications and the framework of blockchain technology.
- You will also be able to identify innovative opportunities in governments, new ventures, businesses, and nonprofits.
- Lastly, you can build strategies to leverage cryptocurrencies and blockchain and handle any organization’s challenges.
Who should go for a blockchain technology career?
There is no restriction for anyone who wishes to apply and learn blockchain technology. If you are someone who is listed below, you will gain a lot and have many opportunities in blockchain technology:
- Business consultants
- People who are planning to launch blockchain or cryptocurrency ventures.
- Banking or financial representatives involved in managing risk management roles.
- Policymakers or government officials.
- Real estate and insurance professionals.
- People who are looking to learn investment decisions.
- Security and IT professionals.
- Supply chain professionals.
What are the different career options in blockchain technology?
Once you complete the certification course, you will open a plethora of opportunities in blockchain technology. Here are a few of them for your reference:
As a blockchain developer, you will maintain and develop blockchain applications. To apply for this role, you should have a strong understanding of cryptography, smart contract audit & development, and distributed systems.
These engineers are responsible for designing and implementing blockchain solutions. They also need an understanding of cryptography, computer science, and distributed systems.
Like blockchain engineers, blockchain architects are also responsible for designing and implementing blockchain solutions.
Blockchain Project Manager
Project managers specializing in blockchain technology lead and coordinate all blockchain projects. In addition to cryptography and distributed systems, they should also have expertise in project management.
Once the blockchain projects are in place, companies and organizations need blockchain consultants to provide advice and guidance on how the project works. In addition to the necessary blockchain technologies, you need to have business expertise as well.
People often believe blockchain technology is only limited to bitcoin and cryptocurrency, but in the real world, this technology is very vast. It is still a new technology, and more and more people are trying to learn about it and implement it in their organizations. Many technologies are still emerging daily; hence, this technology and sector are here to stay for a long time.
So, if you are someone who may get an advantage from blockchain, do not wait and apply for it at the earliest. There are many opportunities and more that may come in the near future.
Additionally, if you want to know more about blockchain technology and how it can help you and your organization, check out the blockchain council’s website. They have vast resources about the blockchain course, its career path, and other related topics. You can read their blogs and articles to understand more about blockchain technology and its usage.