Who doesn’t like to look beautiful, we are sure you do too! We need to invest time and energy to take care of our skin so that it stays glowing and healthy for a long time. Putting on makeup is a wonderful way to further accentuate your beauty. It covers up to your flaws, giving it a smooth and young appearance.
Whether you are a makeup newbie or a professional, we know you are always on the lookout for some effective hacks to overcome smudging and creasing. So here are some tips that’ll help you take your glam quotient up a notch higher without needing any professional help.
- Oil, dirt, or dryness can interfere with your makeup’s longevity. So always exfoliate your skin before you start applying your makeup. This can be done using a good face wash and cleanser.
- Another crucial step to prep the skin before wearing makeup and make it last long is using a good primer before foundation. Many of us skip this step, but little do we realize that primer is an essential element of a good makeup routine that professionals swear by.
- Want long, voluminous eyelashes? After you apply the first coat of mascara, dust a little translucent powder onto your eyelashes carefully, wait for a few seconds, and then, apply a second coat. You will see a visible change in your lashes. The dreaded clumping will be avoided and the mascara will stay on for longer.
- We all love a good matte lip. But did you know that you don’t need matte lipstick to create that effect? You can create that look by gently dabbing the compact powder on your glossy, creamy lipstick. This is a better approach to keeping the lips moist and hydrated and make your lipstick stay on longer.
- Want to cover up those dark circles seamlessly? Stop dotting or dabbing the concealer, instead create a downward triangle under your eyes with a concealer for better coverage.
- Blush makeup instantly brightens up your appearance. Interestingly, rouge can be put to other uses as well. For instance, you can also make your very own lip gloss at home by mixing a small portion of your blush powder with petroleum jelly.
- If your mascara has become clumpy, adding a little saline solution will moisten it, making it good as new.
- Professionals always advise looking down into a mirror while setting your false lashes, to place your false eyelashes closer to the lash line.
- Heat the tip of the eyeliner pencil over a flame for just a few seconds, allow it to cool, and watch how it glides onto your eyelid like butter.
- Applying a white liner or nude liner on your waterline, especially at your inner tips can make your eyes look wide and beautiful.
- Struggling for the perfect winged eyeliner? Use the stem of the spoon to first draw a straight line on the corner of the eyes, then, flip it and place the rounded edge on the eye inward to get that perfect curve.
So go ahead and try out these above hacks. We promise you won’t regret it!