Nutritional deficiencies can lead to many unwanted health issues. With the quality of fresh produce and food reducing by the day, there may be gaps in your diet that need to be filled to prevent them. This is where health supplements come in handy. They are specially formulated, giving you specific nutrients or a mix of vital nutrients depending on your requirements.
However, with a surge of nutritional supplement brands in the market, it is confusing to choose the right one for yourself. Here are some tips that can help you make the right choice.
Tips To Choose The Right Health Supplements
There are several factors to consider when you are picking a health supplement. This includes your age, dietary preferences and special conditions like pregnancy. However, there are some basic thumb rules that you can follow when picking your supplements:
Always Check The Label
Read the label of a product carefully before you buy it. Third-party tested products are ideal as they guarantee high-quality ingredients. You must also be wary of low-quality supplements as they contain several additives that prevent the body from absorbing the nutrients in the supplement. Check the ‘free from’ information to understand the quality of the product. If your product is free from the following, it is most likely to be a safe one for you:
- Tree Nuts
- Artificial Preservatives
- Artificial Colour
These products also reduce the risk of food allergies.
Check the Dosage of Ingredients
When it comes to certain nutrients, too much can be harmful to the body. For instance, overconsumption of certain vitamins can cause toxicity. So, you must be very careful when picking a product. You can reduce the risk of these issues by choosing products that are age and gender-specific as they contain the right dosage of ingredients based on the average RDA. If you are unsure, always check with your doctor before buying any supplement.
Look For Higher Bioavailability
Bioavailability is the ability of the body to absorb certain nutrients. In all supplements, the active ingredients are included in a synthetic or chemical form. Some forms of these compounds are more bioavailable than others. It means that they are more readily absorbed by the body, giving you maximum health benefits. For example, among all the forms of magnesium used in supplements, magnesium citrate is the easiest one for the body to absorb. You can read up online about the form of the active ingredient in a supplement or ask your healthcare provider to know if it is right for you.
Check For Certification and Approval
All products that are sold for consumption must be approved by authorities like FSSAI or FDA. This ensures that they adhere to the standards and regulations of safety and potency. You can also look for products that are the third party tested as they have more rigorous quality check processes. These certificates are also a mark of the integrity of the manufacturer, especially when they are proactive with third-party testing. Although these tests are not mandatory, it shows that the manufacturer is committed to delivering safe and high-quality products.
Try TrueBasics Specialty Supplements
Among the wide range of supplements available at TrueBasics are speciality supplements that are formulated to fulfil specific requirements. These products are trusted for transparency, quality and potency. All TrueBasics products are 100% GMO and Gluten-Free and each ingredient are clinically tested to ensure safety.
You can choose from products that:
- Give you specific nutrients: Products like Advanced Calcium and Iron and Folic Acid contain a comprehensive formula to prevent deficiency of specific nutrients.
- Protect bone health: Loaded with ingredients such as Vitamin D3, Glucosamine and Chondroitin, products like TrueBasics Joint Ease reduce inflammation and joint pain. They also help strengthen your bones to prevent any degenerative issues.
- Improve immunity: Immuno Charge, Immuno Fizz and Immuno Boost are among TrueBasics’ scientifically formulated products that give you a healthy dose of immunity-boosting ingredients like Vitamin C.
- Detox your body: Get a healthy dose of antioxidants with products like TrueBasics Lung Detox and Liver Detox. These products optimize the function of your organs to keep you healthy and active.
- Provide beauty benefits: Prevent the signs of ageing and get healthier skin, hair and nails with products like TrueBasics Biotin, Keratin and Collagen Beauty.
- Improve Digestion: TrueBasics Pre and Probiotic Immunity and Pre and Probiotic Digestion improve your gut health by increasing the strains of beneficial bacteria. These products also help you make the most of other nutrients that you consume through your regular diet.
Whenever you are choosing a supplement, consult with your doctor to make sure that they are right for you, especially if you have any existing health issues or are consuming the specific medication.