Information About Rental Cars
When you need a rental car in Rome, or anywhere else in the world, there are things that you need to know. There are things that are different about renting a vehicle in Italy than there are in the USA. You need to know about these things before you rent.
There are many reasons that you might want to rent a car in Rome. You might think that having a leiebil Roma, or rental car in Rome, is necessary, but it is not in all cities. There are cities where it is easier to walk than drive, so you need to know this.
This article will help you to learn some of the things that you need to know about renting a car in Rome. This information is important, especially if you have not been to Rome before. You can also do some more research to find out more information.
Things You Need to Know Before Renting a Car in Italy
- Driver’s License – You must have a driver’s license from your home country before you can rent. This, of course, must be a valid license in your home country. You also need to have an International Driver’s Permit, or IDP, before you rent. The car rental companies don’t always ask for this, but it is good to have just in case. Americans can get one from AAA for about $20, and it is easy to obtain. If you know you will rent a car in Rome, it is good to have one of these.
- Driving Age – The driving age in Italy is 18, but most rental agencies will not allow you to rent a vehicle if you are not 21. Even then, you could face extra charges if you are under 25 years old. If you are under 25, just expect there to be more charges for you.
- Credit Card – You will need a credit card to rent a vehicle in Italy. The rental agencies will not allow you to use cash to pay for your rental. If you have a credit card from the US, you might have rental car insurance along with it: https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/credit-cards/credit-card-rental-car-coverage. You need to check your credit card agreement and read the fine print so that you know for sure. Even then, you might be expected to pay for the agency’s insurance.
- Expect a Hold on Your Credit Card – This is another reason that you need to have a credit card to rent. The company will put a hold on your credit card that can be as much as $1,000. This hold is always on the company’s rental car agreement, but it might be in the fine print that you might have missed. This hold is necessary for the company, but it can be a huge shock for you if you were expecting to use that card for other expenses while on your trip.
- Car Rental Insurance – This is something that the rental companies will insist that you get, but if you have an American credit card, it is probably something that you already have. Check your credit card agreement or call your credit card company to make sure that you have it. You do need collision damage waiver, so make sure that you have it before you rent. If your credit card does not have this feature, it would be a good thing for you to add to your rental.
- The Cost – The cost of renting a car in Rome is pretty competitive and you can find the costs on their websites. The different companies keep an eye on their competitors to make sure that they are fairly close in prices. You do need to read the ads that you see carefully, because they will hide things like taxes that are included, or they will say things like “starting from” to keep you unaware of the final cost of the vehicle. You can rent a smaller car to save some money, because they are almost always less expensive than larger cars. You also should be aware that the add-ons will cost you more.
- Booking a Car – It is best if you book your car before you arrive in Rome because it will be less expensive for you. Not only is it less expensive, but you will also be guaranteed that the car you booked will be available for you. See here for booking a car in Rome. If you don’t pre-book for some reason, there will still be a vehicle available for you, but they might not have the one that you want. They might also not have an automatic car if you require one. If this is the case, you can go to a competitor, and they might have the car for you.
- Where to Pick Up Your Vehicle –It is usually best for you to pick up your vehicle at the airport, simply because it is the easiest way to do it. You could avoid the extra airport fees by going into the city center, but you would have to find a way to get there with all your luggage. This would just be easier, even if it will be a little more expensive. You need to take all things into consideration before you choose the place to pick up your vehicle.
- Opt for a Return Trip Rental – One-way rentals will usually cost you more than one that you return to where you initially rented the vehicle. You want to pick up and drop off in the same place to save yourself some money. If you want to save the most money, this is what you need to do. If you can’t do this, just keep in mind that there will be extra costs.
- Best Vehicles to Choose – You will want to choose a smaller car when renting in Rome because the streets there are smaller. Smaller cars help you to navigate the smaller roads. Some roads are only single lanes so the smaller the car that you have the better off you will be. You also need to keep in account how many passengers that you will have and the amount of luggage space you will need.
Click here – Unmatched Quality And Comfort With Alibonnie Wigs
There is a lot that you need to know about renting cars in Rome. This article gave you some of the information that you need to know about, but you could research to find even more. You need to know that renting a car in Rome is similar to renting one in America, but there may be some subtle differences that you need to know about.