Agriculture is one of the flourishing industries in India. According to research by Inc42, By the year 2025, the Indian agricultural sector would grow to a value of US$24 billion. And with the usage of modern technology in farming and other areas of the agriculture industry, the breadth of a job in agriculture has greatly expanded.
And interested aspirants in the agriculture industry should pursue agriculture courses from the top private agriculture college in Bhopal. But how to determine the best agriculture college for you? Well, this article includes the 7 major tips you should consider before finalising your agriculture college.
Read about the Agriculture course
Agriculture courses cover a wide range of technical and scientific topics relating to agriculture, food science, the dairy industry, horticulture, food technology, and forestry. In these courses, the private agriculture college in Bhopal teaches traditional concepts as well as modern technological concepts in the field of agriculture to enhance productivity.
|Diploma in agriculture
|BSc in agriculture
|Course eligibility criteria
How to Choose the Best private agriculture college in Bhopal
- Accreditation and affiliation– To know the authenticity of the degree, it is very important to check whether your shortlisted agricultural college is accredited and is affiliated with any recognised University or not.
- Reputation of the college– Your BSc or MSc Agriculture college in Bhopal, must have a good reputation in the city. Pursuing a degree from a reputed educational institute will enhance your job opportunities in top agricultural organisations.
- Eligibility criteria– It is essential to check the eligibility criteria of the college to ensure your educational qualification matches with the agriculture college or not. For instance, you are looking forward to applying for an MSc agriculture course but you do not have a BSc agriculture degree.
- Qualification of teaching faculty– Faculties are the ones that will teach you an agriculture course in the agriculture college in MP, and hence their academic qualification, teaching experience, and research work play a very important role while choosing a college.
- Affordability– The college and course fees should be under your budget. You need to check that you can pay the course fee and the standard cost of living in the college premises/ area you’ll live in. You can also check with the college if they offer any kind of scholarship/financial assistance and what is the procedure for securing those scholarships. This will help you in avoiding the unnecessary burden of education loans.
- Infrastructure and facilities– The Agriculture College in Bhopal you want to study in must possess a library, laboratories with the latest tools & equipment, a research & development centre, residential facilities, a cafeteria, sports facilities, etc. Along with infrastructure, the campus environment should also be peaceful, friendly, calm, and surrounded by nature so that you can concentrate better on your studies.
- Placement opportunities– One of the main features of a top private agriculture college in Bhopal is that they offer training & placement opportunities to their students.
And this should be your major concern while selecting a college. Always check their website for the placement records of the past few years, which companies are visiting the campus, what the average salary received by their graduates is, etc. Analysing this will give you a clear idea of what career opportunities you will get in the future.
Reasons to consider Mansarovar Global University for agriculture course?
- Mansarovar Global University is considered to be one of the best University in Bhopal that offers a wide range of courses in agriculture, management, commerce, library science, nursing, etc.
- The MGU course curriculum will give you a detailed understanding of agricultural concepts and will equip you with technical skills such as data analysis, GIS and programming, etc.
- This agriculture college provides training and placement opportunities in leading agricultural companies.
- The agricultural department of the college is well-built with ventilated classrooms, a library, and laboratories including modern agricultural tools & equipment.
- This college is also the most affordable BSc agriculture college in Bhopal.
- MGU offers its agriculture course curriculum according to the guidelines of the Indian Council of agricultural research.
India is an agrarian economy and its large population’s livelihood depends on this sector, and with the advancement of technology such as biotechnology, seed technology, genetic engineering, modern irritation, and transportation methods there will be a great demand for agriculture professionals who possess the knowledge and requisite skills to use modern technology with the traditional agriculture methods.
And the selection of the right private agriculture college in Bhopal is a gateway to a successful career in this field. So, always consider the above-mentioned tips while selecting the agriculture college for you.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the scope after BSc agriculture?
BSc agriculture receives various career opportunities in both public and private sector organisations. As a BSc agriculture graduate you will get employment opportunities in commercial farming, academic institutions, chemical firms, food technology companies, the pharmaceutical industry, research centres, etc.
- Who are the major recruiters in the agriculture industry?
After completing your education at the private agriculture college in Bhopal, you can consider applying for job roles in these organisations-
- Big Basket
- Advanta Limited
- Food Corporation Of India
- Rasi seeds
- National Agro industries
- ABT industries
- DuPont India
- Kaveri seed company
- What are the job options available in the agriculture industry?
The popular job options available in the agriculture industry are-
- Agriculture Junior Engineer
- Agricultural Field Officer
- Agriculture Development Officer
- Agriculture Forest Officer
- Lab Assistance
- Plant breeder
- Farm manager
- Agriculture research scientist
- Why should you study MSc agriculture after BSc?
MSc agriculture will broaden your knowledge of agriculture and will open more career avenues for you in private agriculture firms and government organisations for lecturer jobs and managerial job positions.