Most business owners who search online for “the best SEO strategies” are typically looking for hacks and shortcuts. How can one get the best results with as little input and investment as possible? Unfortunately, the very best SEO strategies are also the most disappointing, given that there are no shortcuts in SEO.
In any case, if you are genuinely interested in learning how to do SEO the best way, read on and we’ll tell you what you need to know…
The best SEO strategy
So, what is the very best SEO strategy? In short, it is to be willing to do all of the things that your competitors are unwilling to do. It’s to conduct extensive research and to leave no stone unturned.
While this is the most effective SEO strategy, it is also the most overwhelming. But don’t let that put you off. All you need is a solid plan of action and to tackle everything in bite size chunks.
Look at the bigger picture by all means, but tackle each job, one at a time.
How to build an SEO campaign bound for success?
Let’s break it down for you with actionable steps…
- Figure out what you want. What are your business and marketing goals? You need to deep dive into this subject and think carefully about what it is you want to achieve. When you have clear goals, measuring your SEO success will be much easier.
- Conduct extensive market, competitor, and customer research. Next, you will need to take a thorough look at the market. Who are your biggest competitors? What are they doing for their digital marketing? Which keywords are they targeting? Are there any gaps in their content development? In the same breath, who is your perfect customer? Do you have a portrait of your typical buyer person? And we’re not just talking about age, gender, and location; you need to get right up in their psyche and figure out what makes them tick.
- Make sure your brand is airtight and consistent across all digital platforms. Is your brand airtight? Do you have a clear bland voice? Defined language choice? Consistent colours and logo designs? Are all of your online platforms synced up perfectly? Before you go any further, you need to know your brand inside and out.
- Conduct keyword research. Next, you need to think about the various keywords you are going to be targeting. You should prioritise conversion keywords, but don’t neglect informational keywords that will attract prospects who aren’t quite ready to buy. That way, you can nurture them via email marketing and adding high-value content to your website. Make sure you focus on a healthy balance of short and long-tail keywords with conversions and competitiveness in mind.
- Modernise your website. Your website will need gutting. This involves onsite SEO, technical SEO, and re-designing it with an emphasis on the overall user experience. This is a HUGE step in SEO as there are dozens of technical and onsite optimizations that will need to be made in order to align your website with Google’s current search algorithm ranking factors.
- Add infographics, videos, and imagery. Add plenty of visual content to your website, but only with intention. You want your website to load as quickly as possible so make sure that the visual content you upload serves a very clear purpose and adds genuine value to the user experience.
- Update every page on your website and refresh the content. Go through every page on your website and update everything. Refresh the content, edit your metas and titles, create synergy with proper internal linking, and so on.
- Add to your blog regularly. Make your blog the authority in your industry by adding consistently great content. Create a solid content development schedule and stick to it like clockwork, building a variety of content that speaks to your customers’ needs and frequently asked questions. Going back to our earlier point of: “do everything your competitors are unwilling to do”; this means creating high-value content that tackles each subject in as much depth as is necessary to cover everything. Anticipate your user’s needs and write the ultimate guide. If that means writing a 3k word article, do so – so long as it is optimized well, easy to navigate, uses accessible language, and covers the content with as little fat as possible.
- Develop a backlink strategy. You also need to start building a healthy and organic backlink profile for your website. Don’t “buy” links from blackhat link farms. Instead, go about it the right way. For one thing, if you invest in creating the best, industry-expert content on your blog, you will invariably attract natural backlinks over time as other marketers reference your work. However, you should also consider partnering with local businesses and creating high-value content for industry-relevant guest blogging websites.
- Aim to rank in the featured snippets. When you create blog content, aim to rank in the featured snippets. The best way to approach this is to summarise each subject or frequently asked questions in as little as is necessary. Be clear and concise. Deliver high-value information with perfect brevity.
These 10 points are merely the tip of the iceberg, however, if you commit to them you will be well on your way to strategizing a solid SEO campaign that is bound for success.
As you can see, it’s all about covering all bases and creating content with intention. If you want to out rank your competitors, you need to be better than them.
Remember, Google is looking for the most reputable, relevant, authoritative website to rank. However, they are also looking for websites that offer an awesome on-page experience, have the highest click-through rates, and will be most likely to satisfy their user’s needs.
With that in mind, if you focus on building a website that is intuitive and easy to navigate, coupled with a healthy content development plan that consistently pumps out the most valuable, industry-expert content, you’ll have a much easier time of standing out from the competition.
Why? Because most businesses create content for the sake of it. They focus on pleasing Google, rather than their customers. Today, Google isn’t interested in “volume”, they are all about “value”. Deliver it and the rest will follow.
Of course, if you feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work involved, you will be far better off outsourcing your needs to the pros. Find yourself a reputable SEO expert in Texas and let them take care of all the hard work for you instead.